Our recent Wilder School poll showed Virginians are concerned about the costs of living. I’ve always had a one-word definition for politics, money; and the people are likewise focused on inflation and the skyrocketing cost of living.
Governor L. Douglas Wilder
66th Governor of Virginia
We are proud to have the Wilder School’s Commonwealth Poll selected as a Presidential Election Poll by CNN Politics for the first time in VCU’s history. Selection as a CNN-approved poll solidifies the Commonwealth Poll among the top polling operations in the nation while elevating the voice of Virginians.
Our most recent poll was conducted from July 14-25, 2023, with results released in August 2023. The methodology is as follows:
- 804 adult Virginians surveyed
- Phone survey (Landlines/Cell) – dual sample design on listed landline numbers and random digit dialed (RDD) cell phone numbers
- Sample weighted by demographics: gender, age, education, race, Hispanic origin, and region
- Overall margin of error: +/- 5.46 percentage points
For more information about the results, questions, and data, visit the links below:
- August 3, 2023: Virginians favor Youngkin over Biden for president
- August 8, 2023: Virginians see inflation and rising cost of living as most important issues facing the commonwealth
For a comprehensive list of past poll questions, visit our Poll Guidebook.